Your use of FindMyAddress and the data accessed from the service, is governed by the FindMyAddress Licence below.
This Licence will take effect on click acceptance by you, and is between you (as the user of the FindMyAddress Service and recipient of the Address Data) and GeoPlace (acting for and on behalf of the Licensor).
GeoPlace has created the FindMyAddress Service, and is providing the FindMyAddress Service on behalf of Local Authorities. The data accessible from the FindMyAddress Service (the Address Data) comprises, or was created using, OS data. This Licence is entered into pursuant to the Licensor’s licence with OS, to set out the terms upon which you are licensed to use the Address Data.
Definitions & interpretations
Expression Meaning GeoPlace means GeoPlace LLP, registered in England and Wales, with registration number OC359627, whose registered office is at Explorer House, Adanac Drive, SOUTHAMPTON, SO16 0AS. IPR means intellectual property rights, including copyright, patent, trade mark, design right, database rights, trade secrets, know how, rights of confidence and all other similar rights anywhere in the world whether or not registered and including applications for registration of any of them. Licensor means the public body (being the relevant Local Authority, i.e. the Local Authority whose area of jurisdiction covers the Address Data you access) on whose behalf GeoPlace has made Address Data available to you on the terms of this Licence. OS means Ordnance Survey Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (company registration number 09121572) whose registered address is at Explorer House, Adanac Drive, SOUTHAMPTON, SO16 0AS.
- You are granted a non-exclusive, royalty free, revocable licence solely to view the Address Data for personal, non-commercial purposes.
- This Licence does not give you the right to sub-license, distribute, sell or otherwise make available the Address Data to third parties in any form.
- To be clear, you are not entitled to create any products or services which have benefitted from, relied on or made any use of Address Data (including, without limitation, where you have created products or services by copying, publishing, modifying, re-formatting, analysing, consulting or performing searches, look ups or enquiries using Address Data).
- You acknowledge that the FindMyAddress Service only enables you to make a maximum of thirty searches per day.
- You may not use the FindMyAddress Service for the purpose of building an alternative to the FindMyAddress Service, or to reverse engineer or attempt to derive any source code or underlying structure, ideas or algorithms from the FindMyAddress Service, or to embed all or any part of the FindMyAddress Service in any other website or application, or to repurpose or use all or any part of the FindMyAddress Service in connection with any other website or application.
- This Licence terminates automatically in the event that you use the data outside the terms permitted by this Licence.
- GeoPlace (or, where applicable, our licensors, including OS) owns the IPR in the FindMyAddress Service and any and all Address Data. All rights not expressly granted are reserved to us and our licensors (including OS).
- The FindMyAddress Service and Address Data are provided and licensed 'as is' and GeoPlace, the Licensor and OS exclude all representations, warranties, obligations and liabilities in relation to the FindMyAddress Service and the Address Data to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Neither GeoPlace, the Licensor nor OS is liable for any errors or omissions in the FindMyAddress Service or the Address Data and neither GeoPlace, the Licensor nor OS shall be liable for any loss, injury or damage of any kind caused by its use. GeoPlace does not guarantee the continued supply of the FindMyAddress Service or the Address Data.
- GeoPlace, on behalf of the Licensor, shall be entitled to vary this Licence with immediate effect by publishing an updated Licence on GeoPlace’s website.
Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999
- Subject to Clause 7.2, a person who is not a party to this Licence has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce or enjoy the benefit of any term of this Licence.
- OS shall be entitled to the benefit of the terms of this Licence and the rights to enforce such terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- The waiver on a particular occasion by either party of rights under this Licence does not imply that other rights will be waived. No delay in exercising any right under this Licence shall constitute a waiver of such right.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- This Licence is governed by the law of England and Wales and both parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If you are a member of the Public Sector Geospatial Agreement, the data in the FindMyAddress Service is made available to you under the data sharing provisions within the PSGA Member Licence. You are therefore licensed to use the data in accordance with your PSGA Member Licence.